News & Event
March 5, 2021
Students scheduled to enter Hosei University in April 2021 and their parents/caregivers
Students who entered Hosei University in April 2020 and their parents/caregivers
President, Hosei University
Holding of 2021 and 2020 University Entrance Ceremony on April 3, 2021
Hosei University already released the Notice of the Entrance Ceremony for the 2021 Academic Year (4/3/2021) dated December 15, 2020 on our website, and we have now decided to conduct the 2021 and 2020 entrance ceremonies as follows:
The new arrangements include some changes to the details issued in December, so we would ask you to check them carefully.
We have remained focused on holding this entrance ceremony in the Nippon Budokan as long as the situation permits so that we can greet our new students in person. We believe that the entrance ceremony is an extremely important event for all students starting on a new learning journey at Hosei University. It is also an important event for we faculty members who are keen to welcome you all.
We have also decided to split the ceremony into three sessions so that we can invite those students who entered the University in April 2020 for the third session. Our current freshman students who entered the University in April 2020 and had to start their student life here without an entrance ceremony 2020 or even being able to come onto the campus for a long period. While the ceremony is one year later, we very much want to invite you to the Budokan to celebrate your joining of the Hosei University community.
Needless to say, when we conduct the ceremony, it is essential that we carefully monitor latest COVID-19 infection rates, ensure we have sufficient on-site measures in place to prevent any potential infection at the venue, and do our utmost to avoid any potential infections occurring before and after the ceremony.
As we prepare to hold these entrance ceremonies, we would ask all participating 2021 and 2020 students to work together with faculty members to ensure the ceremony can successfully take place as planned, and we ask for your cooperation and understanding so we can make absolutely sure the ceremony does not result in increased infections.
In addition, please note that that we may make further changes to the way the ceremony will be held and performed depending on latest infection trends, so please pay close attention to any announcements from the University.
We ask for your cooperation and understanding regarding the following items related to the holding of the entrance ceremony (Any significant changes compared to the previous announcement posted on December 15, 2020 are underlined).
1. The 2021 entrance ceremony will be split into Session 1 and Session 2 according to faculty. We will also conduct a 2020 entrance ceremony in Session 3. Please make sure you attend the appropriate session.
2. In order the accommodate the three sessions, the start times for Sessions 1 and 2 for 2021 new students have been brought forward by 30 minutes. Please look carefully at the time schedule below.
3. In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection, please understand that only 2021 and 2020 new students will be permitted to enter the venue. We regret that family members will not be allowed to enter. However, we do plan to broadcast the ceremony online, details of which will be announced nearer the time on our website and via other channels.
4. Upon entering the venue, we ask 2021 new entrants to show the entrance ceremony pass that they have already been sent and for 2020 students to show their student ID.
5. Please refer to the New Student Guide for a detailed schedule of new students’ events.
6. Please arrive early to avoid congestion around the ceremony venue.
7. Please use public transport as you cannot enter the venue in a private vehicle. Also, please do not arrange to meet others inside the station or near the ticket gate in order to ease congestion.
8. Student clubs and other groups are not allowed to solicit new members or distribute fliers in or nearby the Budokan site.
9. Smoking is strictly forbidden in the Nippon Budokan and Kitanomaru Park.
10. We may alter the way the ceremony is to be held depending on latest infection trends. If we do make any changes, we will inform you as soon as possible via the University website and other channels.
Requests for cooperation by all ceremony participants:
1. Please wear mask at all times inside the hall, refrain from talking, and avoid congestion by maintaining physical distancing in the aisles and toilets.
2. Please do not come to the venue if you have any symptoms such as a fever, difficulty breathing, or a loss of taste or smell, if your general physical condition is not good, or if you have been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
3. Please use careful judgment to avoid spreading the virus.
Requests for cooperation following the ceremony:
1. Please do not gather together to eat or drink under any circumstances.
2. We ask family member to refrain from visiting the campus.
Details of the 2021 and 2020 Entrance Ceremony to be Held on April 3, 2021
|Date and Time||Saturday, April 3, 2021|
(2021 new entrants)
Open: 8:30 am, Ceremony: 9:20 am - 10:30 am
(2021 new entrants)
Open: 12:00 pm, Ceremony: 12:50 pm - 2:00 pm
|Open: 3:30 pm, Ceremony: 4:20 pm - 5:20 pm
All faculties and graduate schools
(common to each)
Address : 2-3 Kitanomaru-Koen, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Tokyo Metro Tozai Line and Hanzomon Line or Toei Shinjuku Line