HOSEI Short-term Scholarship Program for High School Students (HOSEI-SSP)
DATES: WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 18 – SUNDAY, JANUARY 22, 2017 (5 DAYS)
August 24, 2016
- HOSEI-SSP Brochure(PDF/712KB)
We invite you to join HOSEI Short-term Scholarship Program for High School Students (HOSEI-SSP), an exciting and unique study abroad experience at HOSEI University, an international university in Tokyo, Japan. High school students from 7 countries in Asia (Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam) who graduate from and enter college in 2017, 2018 or 2019 are welcome to apply.
As a participant in this program, you will engage in group work focused on the themes of Japanese Tourism Development, Population Trend and Business in Japan and Introduction to Japanese Society and Sustainability while being fully immersed in HOSEI University’s diverse environment. Through these activities, you will develop your multicultural understanding and intercultural communication skills. This program also includes Japanese language class and Tokyo sightseeing. Participating in this program will allow you to make friends with people from other countries, while learning about language and culture. This will undoubtedly be an important accomplishment that will contribute to your future. Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
Wednesday, January 18 – Sunday, January 22, 2017 (five days)
- Your nationality must be other than Japanese, or dual nationality of Japanese and another.
- You must be enrolled in the high school in 7 countries in Asia (Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam) and graduate from and enter college in 2017, 2018 or 2019.
- You must have a level of English proficiency equivalent to one of the following:
- TOEFL iBT® Test: 76 or above
- TOEIC ® Test: 820 or above
- IELTS (Academic Module) band: 6.0 or above
NUMBER OF STUDENTS TO BE ACCEPTED:
ICHIGAYA Campus, HOSEI University and other locations around Tokyo, Japan.
Complete financial support including airfare to and from Japan, accommodation, meal expenses, domestic travelling costs. Transportation in your country and personal spending money are not included.
|January 18||Arrival and check in the hotel|
|January 19||AM: Orientation and Japanese language class
PM: Special lecture on Japanese Tourism Development
|January 20||AM: Special lecture on Population Trend and Business in Japan
PM: Special lecture on Introduction to Japanese Society and Sustainability
|January 21||AM: Experience of Japanese traditional culture
PM: Tokyo sightseeing and Farewell party
|January 22||Check out the hotel and Departure|
HOW TO APPLY:
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS AND PROCESS:
- STEP 1. You must register your information on website.
- STEP 2. After online registration, You must submit the required documents below by e-mail.
- a. Application Form. (PDF/200KB) / Application Form. (Word/109KB)
Regarding the application essay part, you need to answer two questions in 800-1,000 words in TOTAL.
- b. Signed Participation Terms. (PDF/88KB)
- c. Letter of Recommendation. (PDF/140KB) / Letter of Recommendation. (Word/29KB)
" Please check the revised documents (which were modified on August 30, 2016) ! "
- d. One photo (for identification purposes)
- e. Copy of passport (photo page)
Your passport must have at least six months of validity remaining starting the day you enter Japan. For those who do not yet possess a passport, please apply for one as soon as possible. Once your passport has been issued, please send a copy to HOSEI University.
- f. Copy of the certificate of any one of the following tests: TOEFL iBT ®, TOEIC ® or IELTS (Academic Module) band.
Results of tests taken after March 2014 are acceptable.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, October 5, 2016 (We must receive your application through e-mail by this date.)
Send your completed application and the above required documents by e-mail to HOSEI University at email@example.com
SCREENING AND RESULTS ANNOUNCEMENT:
The results will be announced on the end of October, 2016 by e-mail.
APPLYING FOR A VISA (if applicable):
After announcing the result of screening, HOSEI University will mail additional documents by post to participants who need to apply for a visa to enter Japan. Once you receive the documents, please apply for the visa at your nearest Japanese embassy or consulate.
Please contact HOSEI University if you have any questions about this program.
Academic Planning Section, HOSEI University
2-17-1 Fujimi, Chiyoda-ku,Tokyo