Hosei Study Abroad Program

Hosei Year Abroad Scholarship Program

Since its start in 1979, this Program has sent a total of more than 400 students overseas. Every year, selected
sophomore and junior year students are awarded the Hosei University Scholarship for studying at overseas partner
universities. These students are exempt from the tuition at respective overseas universities and receive a stipend of
700,000-1,000,000 yen as well for living expenses. A total of up to 60 credits earned at these partner universities can
be transferred back to Hosei University to fulfill graduation requirements. The full-year studying abroad experience
increases both students' global academic awareness and their career opportunities after returning home.

Country of exchange University Language used in applications Approx. time of exchange Number of exchange students
USA Truman State University English from August/September to June 19 students total
Baylor University
University of California, Davis
Boise State University
UK The University of Sheffield
University of Reading
University of Leeds
Australia The University of Sydney from February to December 2 students at each partner university
*in Russian-speaking countries, 2 students for the whole country
The University of Adelaide
Korea Yonsei University English
from August/September to June
Duksung Women's University Korean
Germany Humboldt University German
Austria University of Vienna
Switzerland University of St. Gallen
Czech Republic Czech Technical University English
Uzbekistan Tashkent State University of Oriental Studies Russian
Russia Moscow State University
St. Petersburg State University
China Shanghai International Studies University Chinese
Taiwan National Sun Yat-sen University
France L'Université Jean Moulin-Lyon 3 French
Université Paris Diderot (Paris 7)
Université de Versailles French
ltaly Università Carlo Cattaneo University English
Università Cà Foscali Venezia ltalian

*Selection examinations held in the Spring and Fall.
*Language ability scores etc required for application.
*Inquiries should be directed to the International Center.